Hall-Erickson, Inc. a well-respected 60-year old exhibition management company located west of Chicago, with over 25 trade events in our portfolio is looking for a resourceful and motivated sales professional. Qualified candidates will maintain and build relationships with current exhibitors and enjoy engaging with new potential exhibitors and sponsors throughout the sales process.
One or more years of sales experience in the exhibition industry (or comparable). Must be a team player who can work independently in achieving sales goals. Must demonstrate excellent verbal and writing communication skills. Working skill sets should include Microsoft Excel reporting tools, Outlook, Word, Teams, and Zoom. Other online presentation, marketing and communication applications and experience with trade show floor plan software programs a plus.
- Selling exhibit space and sponsorships to past exhibitors and new prospects.
- Development and implementation of the exhibit and sponsorship sales and marketing plan, with input from the Trade Show Director, to include all sales solicitations, marketing materials, email blasts, mailings, web copy, and competitive show visits.
- Development and maintenance of the prospective exhibitor database by identifying new leads, adding notes and recording activities as they occur (source of lead, personal calls, email correspondence, industry publications, etc.)
- Development of regularly scheduled reports that outline sales activity to Clients, Trade Show Director and Sales Team.
- Development and management of the trade show floor plan and the assignment of booth locations to exhibitors during the selling cycle.
- Coordination with the Customer Service show lead to ensure all exhibitor requests are fulfilled and all exhibit space and sponsorship opportunities are fully collected according to the exhibit space contract terms and conditions.
- Participation in Sales Team meetings and Client meetings and presentations with Client Services team as required.
- Travel to HEI-managed exhibitions to support onsite sales activities, and to competitive shows for prospect development and past exhibitor follow-up.
Job Summary: As the database coordinator, work with the Director of Sales and Show Directors to fulfill the sales and marketing program for all trade events through (primarily) the management and deployment of exhibitor and prospect data. This position offers a flexible schedule and allows the opportunity to work remote 80 percent of the week.
Qualifications: Experience in data management and list management a plus. Must be a team player as well as being resourceful, organized, and multi-task orientated. Demonstrate excellent verbal and writing communication skills. Working skill sets with Microsoft Office Suite of programs, especially Excel and Google Docs. Knowledge of USI Software a plus. Strengths will include attention to detail and working independently. Problem analysis and problem resolution skills required.
- Participates in the implementation of the sales & marketing timeline with input from the Show Directors, to include sales materials, email marketing, mailings, competitive show visit data, and industry prospect projects.
- Collecting, entering, and coding prospect data and importing it into USI CRM database, including management of data import and export between USI and any third-party applications.
- Follow and implement any data collection and disbursement regulations, such as GDPR and maintain clean useable data for disbursement of marketing and exhibitor communications.
- Assist in defining data entry standards and business rules to standardize data processing, identify and eliminate duplicate records in the system.
- Manage database projects, data acquisitions from clients and data lists from other departments.
- Exports show and project specific lists for email blasts with instructed deadlines.
- Participates in team and client show meetings with client services team as required.
- Scheduling and launching eblasts and deployment of social media communications.
- Train new department users and keep abreast of new features and functionality in partnership with the CRM and Database Administrator
- Travel is not required but may occur if an event requires full company support.
- All other duties as assigned.
Position: Project Coordinator
Job Description: Project Coordinator position supports the show director with special projects, exhibitor information, on-line fulfillment, and sponsorships benefits for trade show located worldwide.
The ideal candidate would demonstrate strong communication skills and will interact with exhibitors and sponsors. The candidate would fulfill many of the benefits and marketing opportunities for exhibitors and sponsors. A strong candidate will be someone with good customer service skills, project management, detail oriented, strong communication skills who can manage multiple projects and deadlines for multiple trade shows. Position can be either full time remote or in Westmont, IL offices.
Manages projects which include:
- Exhibitor Kits and order forms, communication
- Sponsorship fulfillment of ads, signs, listings, logos
- Manage vendors lists, forms
- On-line company product listing
- Company meeting space requests
- Manage sponsorship spreadsheets
- Order sign copy
- Special contests or special areas on show floor
- Exhibitor Newsletters: develop content, layout and send
- Update / maintain exhibitor web pages
- Interface with exhibitors and clients
- Potential to work on-site as floor manager or show office staff, travel required
- Project management
- Detail Oriented
- Strong communication skills
- Written and oral communication
- Management of deadlines
- Excellent judgement and sense of urgency for deadlines